Saturday, August 2, 2014

Review: Rowena's Key (Golden Key Chronicles)


A.J., why do you have to write the most wonderful heroes? Aaaahhhh!!! Now I'm hooked and begrudgingly wait for Book 2. I can't believe this is happening! 

*Eileen grinning like an idiot while typing this*

P.S. Ollie's godlike costume had me
Laughing out loud!

Review to come!
-----------------------

REVIEW: 

This book was a surprise for me. I would never have pegged myself for the adult romance fantasy genre but it only takes one book to change perspective. 

When the author mentioned her new fantasy book, I was a little let down because I was a Tessa and Dibs fangirl (She's Got Dibs). I was waiting/hoping against all hopes for a Dibs sequel. But the disappointment lasted only a moment and vanished when I began reading the first page of this book. 

Holy moley.

I was hooked right on the first few pages and it takes brilliant crafting of a gifted storyteller to pull that off. The reader can't help but get absorbed into Rowena and Caedmon's world. It's quite perceptive and smart and otherworldy.

The tension and chemistry between Rowena and Caedmon are off the charts! And A.J. made it so believable for these characters to fall in love in a short amount of time and the reader falls headlong with them. And it isn't just about the physical intimacy or the lust that dominate the genre. It was the bond forged between the characters and how she depicted Caedmon...the language...oh swoon. The typical slow-burn chemistry that I find in the author's work is present here and I absolutely loved it. She made me believe it.

But that cliffhanger!!!

As i said prior to this review, I begrudgingly await the second installment and can't wait to find out. A.J. Writes beautiful prose and you can't help but feel the words glide and flow through the pages. 

Another awesome read! 

Now I'm hooked to this sub genre.

Thanks A.J. for the enlightenment!

Five Stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment